L-864 300mm Flashing Red Beacon
Medium-Intensity Red Obstacle Light
KG114 flashing red beacons are designed for the lighting of television, radio, communications, microwave, transmission line towers, and other obstructions to aerial navigation as specified by the FAA, FCC, ICAO, DGAC of Mexico and Transport Canada.
The optical system consists of four red Fresnel lenses, designed to provide a definite 360° horizontal beam. The two lamp receptacles are mounted to properly position two 620 or 700 Watt Mogul pre-focus beacon lamps, thus providing correct beam distribution in accordance with FAA and ICAO specifications. A three-terminal connecting block is mounted in the base, allowing each lamp to be individual fed and monitored if desired. Internal wiring is heat-resistant insulated flexible wire that terminates at the connecting block. Unless otherwise ordered, beacons are furnished with a five-foot length of #12-3 conductor Neoprene cable, entering the base through a 1" watertight connector. Conduit may be used by removing the watertight connector and disconnecting the cable.
The KG114 beacon must be used in conjunction with a beacon flasher or tower lighting control in order to achieve the proper flash rate. Hughey & Phillips Series 800 Beacon Flashers provide an economical solution. Hughey & Phillips Mechanical Flashers provide a flasher that is immune to AM tower RF frequencies. Hughey & Phillips 9LC series lighting controls provide the most complete solution. 9LC series lighting controls should be used when several beacons need to flash simultaneously. 9LC controls also include a photocell for automatic day/night operation, and provide alarm contacts for remote monitoring. Specifications on any of the above controls are available from Hughey & Phillips.
• Constructed of heavy aluminum castings with stainless steel hardware and heat resistant Fresnel glass lenses
• Concave base with drain port at lowest point prevents accumulation of moisture from condensation
• Neoprene gaskets provide long life under extreme temperatures
• The beacon is hinged at the center between the upper and lower lens assemblies to provide ready access for inspection and lamp replacement. The hinge rings, butterfly gasket, and locking clamp maintain a weatherproof center seal
• The beacon is also available in clear glass to accommodate color filters
Temperature: -55°C to +55°C (-67°F to 130°F)
Humidity: 95% Relative Humidity
Will withstand exposure to: Wind-blown rain from any direction. Salt-laden atmosphere. Windspeed of 240 kph (150 mph).
Lens: Heat resistant glass, red.
Frame: Cast aluminum with stainless steel
Dimensions: 850mm H x 305mm Dia. (33.5"H x 12" Dia.)
Weight: 33 Kg (73 Pounds)
Mounting Pattern: Quantity 4, 17.5mm (11/16") diameter holes, 90° apart on a 337mm (13.25") bolt circle