Compliance and Applications
FAA Type: L-865 Medium Intensity Lighting
ICAO Type: Type A Medium Intensity Obstacle Light
ETL Certified: FAA Advisory Circular 150/5345-43G
Compliant to: ICAO Annex 14, MIL-C-7989, DGAC of Mexico, CAR 621.19
Our white LED medium intensity lighting system combines a daytime white LED light and a nighttime white LED light into a single flashhead. Its self-contained power supply, with available GPS sync and day/night sensor, simplifies wiring but also accepts external signals if desired. Advanced features include replaceable LED modules, cutting edge optics (patent pending), individual LED monitoring/bypass, active lightning protection (patent pending), built-in testing, micro processor control and fully field serviceable unit. The unit also monitors the system and provides a NO or NC alarm contact upon any system failure.
Medium intensity obstruction lighting systems are typically used on structures between 150' (45m) and 500' (150m) above ground level to provide aviation safety. The use of a medium intensity white strobe during the daytime typically eliminates the need to paint the structure with aviation orange and white stripes. Medium intensity obstruction lights are designed for lighting tall structures such as communication, television and radio towers, wind turbines, smokestacks, cooling towers, tall buildings, catenary river crossings and bridges.
Why Our L-865 Beacon is Better
• Original equipment manufacturer: One source for fixtures and complete lighting systems.
• Single flashhead construction: Compact design.
• Failsafe redundancy: Automatic bypass of failed LEDs for continued operation.
• Wiring compatibility: Existing tower wiring can be used for retrofit applications, environmentally sealed connectors, fewest number of control wiring.
• Interchangeable LED modules: Single screw access, built-in safety switch, fully field serviceable unit.
• Cutting edge optics design: Exclusively designed 'Eklipse' optics package (patent pending), community friendly lighting system.
• Advanced systems: micro processor controlled, built-in testing.
• Lightest flashhead: 17 lb., ease of handling and maintenance.
• Universal input: Operating voltage of 95-277 VAC, 50/60Hz.
• Unit weight: 17 lb. (7.7kg)
• Supply voltage: 95-277 VAC 50/60Hz universal input
• Average power: 50 watts day, 30 watts night (120VAC)
• Operating temperature: -40° to +55° C (-40° to 131° F)
70 Series LED Control System
Compliance and Applications
FAA AC 150/5345-43,
ICAO Annex 14,
The 70 Series lighting controls combine the finest in digital circuitry with rugged electromechanical hardware to yield the industry's most comprehensive obstruction lighting controls. Standard models are available for all common FAA and ICAO applications. The 70 Series modular design allows for custom controls for almost any combination of flashing HORIZON beacons and sidelights. All models include a NEMA 4 outdoor housing and a calibrated photocell for automatic day/night switching. Optional Stainless Steel housing is available upon request. A photocell override switch is standard on all systems, facilitating troubleshooting or maintenance. All controls provide comprehensive status indicators and alarm contacts for easy connection to remote monitoring systems.
• Controls to flash multiple beacons per FAA and ICAO specifications
• Modular design for easy customization
• Color coded terminal blocks
• Lightning protection provided by:
- Fuse protection
- MOV surge suppressors
- Toroidal current sensors
• Standard with NEMA 4 enclosures
Alarm Contacts / Control Status
• Individual alarm contacts and control status is provided for:
- Control power failure
- Day/night mode status
- Each HORIZON Beacon
- Each HORIZON level of steady burning obstruction lights
- Latch Alarm for Dual LED Lighting fixtures
• Number of sidelight lamps being monitored can be easily changed by setting dip-switches
• Bi-color red/green LED status indicators provide instant indication of alarm and control status
• Normally open and normally closed alarm contacts are both available
• Primary and auxiliary alarm contacts provided