Compliance and Applications
ICAO Annex 14 Vol.1
UK CAP 168
NATO STANAG 3316
Illuminated Runway Distance Markers indicate the distance to the end of the active runway to the pilot.
• Illumination is provided by either the latest LED technology with a life expectancy in excess of 75,000 hours or with long-life fluorescent tubes.
• The sign cases are an aluminum construction designed to withstand the extremes of climate conditions encountered on airfields and airports worldwide.
• The sign fascia is hinge mounted to the main casing to provide quick and easy access for maintenance and lamp change. If required, the whole sign fascia can be lifted free from the casing to provide full, unrestricted access to the main casing.
• Each sign, regardless of type, is tested for the average light output, according to the procedures stipulated in ICAO annex 14 and CAP 168.
• All signs will exceed the light output requirements for a RVR of <800m.
• 3500K light source provides improved color contrast and legibility.
• IP Protection, IP 54.
• Bottom cable-entry.
• Temperature range: -13°F/+131°F (-25°C/+55°C).
• Wind resistance and jet-blast up to 200mph.
• Complete with frangible legs and mounting flanges for installation on a concrete pad.
• Double sided: 4mm polycarbonate.
• Coated in RAL 1007 aviation yellow.
Height: 4.30 ft. (1310mm)
Height with legs: 4.79 ft. (1460mm)
Width: 4.30 ft. (1310mm)
Legend Height: 4.07 ft. (1240mm)
Weight: 264.55 lb. (120kg)
• Isolators: an optional isolation switch will break all circuit supplies to enable board changing while the main airfield series circuit is in use.
• Bird Wire: bird wire deterrent facility can be fitted to the top of the unit.
• Sign Tethers: stainless steel sign tethers are also available.
• Retro-Reflective Signs
• Supplied as one of the following:
(a) Airfield Constant Current (2.8 - 6.6A supply) using a 45W isolating transformer
(b) 220V AC mains supply
(c) Dual supply input