Compliance and Applications
FAA Compliant: AC 150/5345-10F
Flight Light's 10KW through 70KW oil-filled saturable reactor network constant current regulators provide precision control of runway lighting series circuits in medium and high intensity applications. Because they use SOLA/Hevi-Duty's extremely reliable design and durable magnetic components, our regulators are not susceptible to extraneous signals that cause competing solid state electronic designs to fail. In fact, our units are tested to assure zero interference with radio communications.
The constant current is maintained by automatically controlling the degree of saturation of the reactor via a closed control loop. The regulator RMS output current is sensed by a current transformer and supplied to a current dividing resistor network.
Why Our CCR's are Better
• Five year limited warranty - the best warranty in the world.
• Magnetic components are not susceptible to extraneous signals and do not create interference with radio communications.
• Designed for on-site service by airport maintenance electricians.
• Excellent current regulation, no load to full load and with up to 30% lamps inoperative. Output current stable within 0.1 amps at any output.
• Power factor exceeds industry standards: more efficient than required by FAA.
• Withstands input overvoltage of 120% nominal for 50 milliseconds within one minute intervals.
• Automatically compensates for -5% to +10% input voltages.
• Input circuit electronically isolated from output circuit.
• Not activated by load switching or transients. Positive open-circuit or overcurrent protection automatically trips regulator off-line within 2 seconds, manually resets in less than 1 second.
• Resumes original brightness mode within 1 second of lost input power.
• Easy access to remote/local control switch.
• Customize individual brightness steps using simple slide adjustment.
• No solid state components in series circuit.
• Continuous indoor operation at a temperature range of -40°F to +131°F (-40°C to +55°C).
• Integral primary switch.
• Internally supplied local and remote control power.
• Direct read output ammeter.
• Output distribution class lightning arrestors.