Compliance and Applications
FAA Compliant: AC 150/5345-46D, L-852T
ICAO: Annex 14 circular guidance 5.3.6, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124
CAA: CAP168 Table 6A/1 Low intensity, taxiway edge
BS3224: Part 5, inset fittings
STANAG: 3316 Annex C fig 3
Omni-directional inset fixture suitable for use as a taxiway edge light. The fixture features a clear prism with a High Brightness blue LED.
• Body casting manufactured from aluminum alloy for lightness, strength and durability.
• ZA292 has been tested to 1,000 PSI (pounds per square inch) and conforms with both FAA and IEC requirements.
• Corrosion resistant anodized finish.
• Long life High Brightness LEDs (objective life of 80,000 hours at full brilliancy).
• Prism removal and replacement achieved without the need for adhesive or sealants
• Color variations achieved by using color specific LEDs.
• Lamp by-pass options available if required.
• Pre-focused optics to simplify maintenance procedures.
• Low profile .39" (10mm).
• Commonality of parts with the ZA181 and ZA280 inset fixtures.
• Light channel within .2" (5mm) of grade.
• Suitable for use in 6.6A airfield lighting circuits normally supplied from 1 x 30W, 45W, 65W or 100W isolation transformer. 120V and 240V mains supply versions also available. Power consumption is 30W.
• Must be operated from atg airports (formerly ALSTOM) ZL836 LED Interface.
Net weight: 6.6 lbs. (3kg)
Gross weight: 7.7 lbs. (3.5kg)
Carton size: 9" [229mm(w)] x 9" [229mm(d)] x 5" [127mm(h)]
TYPE: Blue omni-directional, taxiway, taxiway edge and circular guidance.
The taxiway light shall comply with FAA, ICAO Annex 14 for use in category I, II and III all weather operations, CAP168, BS3224 Part 5, and STANAG 3316. Fixtures shall be modular in design with the main casting manufactured in aluminum alloy, suitably protected against corrosion with anodized finish. Anodized finish shall meet U.S. Military Standard Salt Fog Test (MIL-STD-810E, Method 509.3) and IEC EN 60068-2-11 (Test Kb, severity 3).
The optical system shall comprise a 3 watt, 6 watt or 7 watt High brightness Light Emitting Diodes. One glass prism refractor shall be accurately located in the main casting, without the need for additional adhesives or sealants, to direct the light beams such that no re-focusing is required on installation, maintenance or in service.
LED replacement shall be easily effected from the bottom of the fixture. The objective lamp life at maximum intensity shall be not less than 80,000 hours on a constant current series circuit.
Our L-852T-ZA292, with the ZL836 power convertor, will provide light service from an input current of 2.6 amps to 6.6 amps, and thus is suitable for operation from either a 3 or 5 step regulator operating in the current range described.
The light fixture shall have an upper surface forming a smooth sloping face projecting not more than .47" (12mm) above the pavement surface. The fixture shall resist all stresses imposed by impact, rollover and static loads of present day aircraft without damage to the fixture or to aircraft and vehicle tires.
A handbook shall be provided giving full installation, operation and maintenance instructions together with a detailed parts list.