Compliance and Applications
Certified to FAA AC 150/5345-46 Current Edition
These high intensity constant current elevated lights ("HIEL") identify the edge or threshold/end of the runway. The inner lens may be split at 180° to accommodate two colors. The head assembly is mounted on a 1" or 2" diameter riser which is inserted in a frangible coupling.
The HIEL may be mounted on a stake assembly or on an L-867 base with 1935 (1.5") or 1932 (2") baseplates which are sold separately. The light is supplied with an L-823 plug assembly for connection to an L-830 isolation transformer.
• ETL Certification ensures performance.
• One piece outer lens.
• Easy lamp changes through thumbscrew system - no clamp band or inner/outer lens removal.
• Durable powder coat finish lasts longer.
• Threaded 1.5" frangible coupling or optional 2" matches existing baseplates/stakes.
• Actual average lamp life far exceeds 1000 hour rated life for fewer lamp changes.
• Available in increased heights for snow country visibility.